It’s time for my Personal Comfort Bed reviews, because their mattresses are probably the best ones I’ve tried in my life. And I’ve tried a lot, considering my job.
They have a lot of customizing settings, the comfort level in the highest I’ve tried and they come in much lower prices than their competitors.
In my opinion, Personal Comfort is above any mattress I tried. But don’t just take my word for it! In the next lines I will prove you why they make the best mattresses or beds you can get.
Why Is Personal Comfort Better Than The Others?
One of the problems with famous brands (like Tuft & Needle or Sleep Number) is that they bring in a lot of great features for an absolutely huge price. However, most of them have an under average quality/price ratio. Personal Comfort doesn’t. You basically get the same mattress for up to $1000 less.
And this difference is huge; I managed to save almost 20% when I bought from Personal Comfort instead of Sleep Number. And the quality wasn’t worse at all, on the contrary.
Therefore, in the lines below I will show you the reasons why a Personal Comfort mattress is really worth buying.
What I Liked About It
- You can adjust the bed’s firmness or softness precisely and find your sleep number
- When it comes to comfort, it’s above any other mattresses I tried (equal with Sleep Number)
- The settings can be customized in detail using the touch screen remote
- They have a smartphone app that allows you to control the bed right from your phone
- Each mattress has 10 layers plus the bottom cover
- My sleep is indeed better and waking up is rare now
- FDA approved – It helps relieving chronic back pain from the first days(there are hundreds of testimonies on the Internet)
- Heat retention never occurred in any of the models I own
- My mattresses never deflated at all during night
- Shipping and return costs are supported by them, so you can return the products for free
- Very friendly staff no matter how many times I called them for questions
- Price is much cheaper than its competitors (see Sleep Number) and the features and quality are the same
What I Didn’t Like About It
- They don’t have any models under $500, so it’s still a big purchase (though they refund you for free if you request)
- The mattresses aren’t as popular as Sleep Number’s, despite having the same quality and a lower price
- No international shipping for now
Choose Your Sleep Number – Mine Is 26
Probably my favorite feature of Personal Comfort mattresses is the sleep number. This is a number from 0 to 100 related to firmness. 0 stands for very soft, while 100 is perfectly firm.
You can manually change the firmness of your mattress until it has the perfect firmness. Once you do this, you will see your sleep number, which is actually the grade of firmness you prefer.
I like softer beds much more than firm ones, so obviously my sleep number was rather soft – 26. But it really depends from person to person.
Back to the story, the mattress comes with a special, touch screen remote that you can use to change your mattress’s firmness. The great part about this remote is that it allows you to save not just one sleep number, but 2. I mean, 2 for each user because you will receive 2 remotes for a double bed.
So once you find out your sleep number, the bed will memorize the firmness and keep it. In case you want to change it for a few hours, no problem. The mattress will get back to its saved number, unless you change it. So all models are very easy to use and customize.
Here’s a video that explains how to get your sleep number.
Comfort In Another Level
All Personal Comfort mattresses have the same construction technology. They have the bottom mattress cover plus 10 different layers.
Foam, air chambers, bamboo panels are just a few of them and that’s actually what makes these mattresses so unique and comfortable.
Each part of the bed can be personalized according to your own wishes.
If you like a firmer bed, you can change the settings using the remote. If you want to lift the top in order to watch TV comfortably, this is also possible. You can actually find a lot more similar tips in the instructions manual that comes with the mattress.
Compared to regular mattresses, Personal Comfort is much above. Even the cheaper models offer a higher level of comfort than average. The explanation is their 10 layer construction, that is made to suit every possible taste, from firm to very soft.
I can tell you honestly that Personal Comfort beds were around Sleep Number ones when it comes to comfort. Not under, but not above either. However, the difference in price was of $800 in the i8 model, despite having pretty much the same features.
So that’s the main reason why I would recommend Personal Comfort. There are other chapter where Sleep Number has several problems, but the price is the biggest downside.
They Promise Longer Sleep Without Pain
Surprisingly or not, Personal Comfort is the only mattress company approved by FDA. In case you don’t know what this means, their results in relieving back pain and improving sleep are recognized by FDA. In my opinion, this speaks for itself.
I didn’t have any back pain or anything like this, so this wasn’t a reason why I bought Personal Comfort’s mattresses. So I can’t tell you too many things about their ability to improve back pain. I can only say the things my clients told me.
Some Personal Comfort owners themselves, 3 of my previous clients told me about their moderate back pain and how these beds helped them sleep the whole night. They still woke up during the night, but not necessarily because of the pain. In fact, this was improved a lot, at least that’s what they said.
But if you want to hear other opinions as well, you can find many here.
They Pay The Return Fees
Probably the thing that surprised me most about Personal Comfort is that they allow you to return the products without paying yourself the shipping. And this doesn’t happen just with the most expensive models, but with all.
In other words, you’re not losing absolutely anything buying any of their mattresses. If you’re not satisfied, you contact them asking to return the product and they will pay the shipping themselves. Obviously, you will also be given the full refund.
But why are they doing this? Is it because they want to attract clients by any means?
Personally, I don’t think that’s the case because they wouldn’t make any profit in this situation. It seems to me that they received so good reviews from their customers and they are so sure of their products, that there are quite a few clients that request a return.
I actually read on their site that 92% of their customers were very happy with the products, around 5% had minor issues and received replacing parts and only the rest 3% were not satisfied. For such a big company, the per cent is quite low.
Personal Comfort vs Sleep Number
You can’t understand the real value of these mattresses if you don’t compare them with their main competitor, the famous Sleep Number.
Basically, the 2 companies offer pretty much the same features:
- Adjustable firmness with finding your own sleep number
- Touch screen remote that controls the settings
- 10 layer construction and the best comfort on the market
- Reducing back pain and improving sleep quality
- Lifetime warranty
These are just a few of their common features, but if you analyze their products you will see most things are the same.
However, there are a few chapter where Personal Comfort excels. And they’re not necessarily related to construction or technical details, but rather to their offers:
- Prices up to 20% lower than Sleep Number
- The remotes can be controlled from the cellphone
- Free returns in all cases (not just damaged items, like Sleep Number)
- Air loss is not a frequent issue (in 98% cases)
- According to their website, no customer complained of heat retention
- The air pumps are very silent, unlike Sleep Number
- Much nicer customer service
So Are Personal Comfort Beds Worth Buying?
If you want to invest in a quality mattress, that can be used for over 20 years, then Personal Comfort is the best choice on the market. Just like Sleep Number, their features and quality are the top ones, but the price is much lower.
However, this doesn’t mean they are very cheap. In fact, the cheapest model is a bit over $500. So they’re not really bargains.
Therefore, if you want to invest in a mattress that would last a longer time, Personal Comfort is the best you can choose. However, if you’re not necessarily looking for a long term mattress, this is a better option for your case.